Re: Newbie with lots of basic questions!!

I was in PC World the other day (looking to buy a Treo) and noticed
several Cat6 items on-sale - cables & connectors etc ... not sure what
they were for ... but they were there ...

Chris

www.xlobby.com

> > > Both of these have 'Zones' and the ability to remotely
control
> > volume...
> > >
> > > Watching TV around the house from centrally located sources
can be
> > done
> > > using CAT5e cable. There are a number of devices available
which
> > provide
> > > remote switching and one of the UKHA regulars, Keith, will
be
> > launching
> > > his own switching unit soon (allegedly!!!). see
> > > http://www.kat5.tv/index1.html
> > >
> > > The CCTV can be treated / routed the same as the satellite
TV to give
> > > full flexibility...
> > >
> > > I would suggest you get some more detailed advice before you
go too
> > much
> > > further, at the build stage is where you need to incorporate
this
> > stuff.
> > > Retro-fitting after the event will be difficult/expensive/a
pain in
> > the
> > > a***.
> > >
> > > Your electrician sound enthusiastic but you need an overall
design to
> > > work with.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Nigel
> > > A fellow self-builder  http://photos.corbenic.co.uk

technical
> > > knowledge!!  My electrician is just looking at our wiring
> > > requirements for a new concrete built house.  I have the
following
> > > requirements and would hope to incorporate my brand new iMac
and 3
> > > iPods into the equation!
> > >
> > > Set up playlists at the main Mac Centre (easy!) and now what
I find
> > > difficult:
> > > How do I select which rooms I can play these in (don't want
to wake
> > > the baby as an eg!)
> > > How can I change volume remotely?
> > >
> > > Also:
> > > Watch different Sat TV in different rooms?
> > > Set up for surround sound in sitting room!
> > >
> > > And:
> > > Watch and record CCTV from the garden, entrance and gates,
baby's
> > > bedroom.
> > >
> > > My electrician is happy to do the work (why not - he'll make
> > > fortune!!) but he loses me after the first 2 questions!!
> > >
> > > Your thoughts would be very useful including suggestions on
equipment
> > > recommendations.
> > >
> > > If you can describe in easy English that a thick female
could
> > > understand - all the better - much appreciated!!
> > >
> > > Thanks a Million
> > >
> > > Sarah

> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >

> > > ------oooo0oooo-------
> > > 1/1/2006

> > > Home repair improvement

air+improvement&w2=Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=T
> > cERUCDPQcJLbg9mtvQGJQ>
> > > Computer stuff

vement&w2=Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=plS9-eUUfa
> > BXyLVFT87AJg>
> > > High

Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=b5d547gPx7eFWNGqXQCl
> > 7A>
> > >
> > > Improvement

ent&w2=Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=O6pw_oratTOwe
> > p2G_91fIQ>

> > >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of