RE: [OT] Freeview PVRs

Let us know if, no, when you get one :-)

Stewart

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Phil Harris
Sent: 31 December 2005 22:22
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Freeview PVRs

=20
> Don't have one yet but I've been looking at the Humax PVR-9200T
which=20
> was recommended in Feb 2006 issue of PCW Buyer's Guide. Best price
I=20
> can find it is around =A3209 inc delivery.

I'd been looking at that but I can't work out whether I'd be able to handle
the mirrored front to it ...

Other than that it gets the occasional grumble for its UI (haven't tried
on=
so I can't comment but I've seen a few grumbles about its EPG not being too
logical) but apart from that I think I'm probably going to try to hit Comet
tomorrow and see if they still sell them. (When I get "the urge"
I want it
*NOW* - not in a few days time!)

> Also considered a Tivo but don't want to pay =A310 per month for the
EPG=
=20
> feature (I could probably get Sky+ and Multiroom for that price).

I have a TiVo and love it to bits but the simple fact is that for freeview
you have that whole digital-analogue-digital conversion thing going on and
the recordings of a freeview source on TiVo can be a bit - well - crap.

Phil