RE: Weather monitoring

  • Subject: RE: Weather monitoring
  • From: "Keith Finnett" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:16:47 -0000

The Weather Display software itself is 2 parts - a 'server'
application tha=
polls the weather station devices for data and then shows them in a
'client=
'
- both the client and server are the same piece of software. On top of
that=
,
they've also built a Shockwave app (the one you said was very nice) which
polls the server for data. Incidentally, this app is totally configurable -
I've just been too lazy to remove the dials I'm not using (yet!!).

On top of that, the server sends out xAP messages, so in theory you could
build an HTML page using this data.

In fact, my reason for buying the weather station is to use the xAP weather
data to make decisions on controlling my irrigation system (which is
controlled today using X10). I'm part way through building the interface
an=
controlling logic i.e. if it's rained hard, don't bother running the
irrigation, etc..

Cloud base - well I wish I did have a helium filled balloon, but
unfortunately it's just one of the dials I've not turned off. In fact I've
not yet found out this is used....!

Cheers,