Re: DMM with PC interface com protocol

Kim Wall wrote:

> So yeah, easy.  A linux program to read the values into a database is
on
> my todo list for next week

Looks like someone's already done all the hard work:
http://www2.linuxjournal.com/article/3357

Took that, changed the baud rate, ripped out all the temperature
calculation and pretty-printing stuff (I just want the reading on
stdout), and job done.  Should integrate with rrdtool nicely.

Now I just need a suitably long serial cable (I don't anticipate any
problems with ~10 metres of cat5, given that it's running at 600bps),
which would be easy if my collection of assorted D connectors hadn't all
become female while nobody was looking...  guess it's back to maplin
tomorrow for that.

Kim.