Latest message you have seen: Re: Powermax+: PowerLink, where to buy?

Re: RE: Anyone used the Tilevision TV's ?

Marcus Warrington wrote:
> <snip>
> I bought an "overflow filler kit" for the bath, the tap is
actually like a
> little joystick, and will be mounted remotely from the bath. I'm also
wanting
> to (eventually) automate the filling of the bath, so have bought a
thermostatic
> mixing valve that I plan to plumb in (under the bath set to a preset
temperature)
> as a branch before the tap (one way valves) and feed into the feed
from the tap..
> I'm thinking that a 12volt radiator style electric valve would then
serve as an
> automated tap. Not sure how to handle the plug issue but it should be
possible
> to rig up a small motor that would push open the push up plug for 10
minutes
> prior to commencing filling.

We're in the process of doing two bathrooms and I'd looked into one step
further, completely automating it (no taps). A couple of things made it
a bit more difficult - the first is SWMBO likes her bath (when on her
own) hotter than I do, or you might need a top up, so the TMV would need
to be remotely adjustable but this is doable with 10V controlled valves.
The second is potential reduction in flow rates. Thirdly there is the
issue of a control panel which is visually acceptable.

In the end we're going down the Rada Sense Bath T3 route, which also has
some Irda functions. Not cheap and can't find any decent discounts. I've
also seen reference to another electronic bath  mixer valve but can't
find it any more.

Lehane