Re: NTL trials 100Mbits/sec broadband

  • Subject: Re: NTL trials 100Mbits/sec broadband
  • From: "phil_avaddict" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:13:56 -0000

> You're currently better off on the 2Mbps service than the 10Mbps
service if
> you do a lot of downloading. Check out the NTL site
> http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/broadband
as it shows the 1Mbps and
2Mbps
> service are unlimited, while the 10Mbps service has a 75GB/month
cap. You
> also get the free premium content on the 2Mbps service - not that
I've used
> it.

I'm on the 10mbit service (I opted to upgrade from 3mbit and so
agreed to the 75Gbytes/month cap) and find it fine - I do usually get
900kbytes/sec download and if not then kicking off something else
downloading usually soaks up what bandwidth is left.

If yo find that 75Gbytes a month is inhibiting (and it's for personal
use) then I'm astounded!

> > It's frankly ridiculous that people on ADSL are getting a faster
service
> > at a lower cost given the bandwidth that must be available on
NTLs
> networks.
>
> Agreed. It should be cheaper and faster by now.

Cheaper - yes.

Faster - hell, do you really *NEED* faster?

Phil