Re: Training in Home Automation

I do not claim to be an expert but a relatively new member to this
forum which has an excellent source of information albeit more than
anyone will need.

I've had the same thoughts as well, but there is not to my knowledge
any evening classes - aha idea!!, or indeed a magic central source. HA
is still in its early stages - just like the internet was some 10?
years ago. Whoever you talk to will have their own approaches,
techniques as there are no standards.
The way I approached it was to look at what I wanted from my own
house, and concentrate on the basics first.
These are:
1) Heating - assumed a zoned setup. Naturally this leads to UFH
2) Lighting - assume to have scenes.
3) Security - cameras, remote access/control
4) Control - How to control the above - wall pads, remotes, PDA's, voice
These are the basics. The most obvious one missing however is Audio
Visual but this technology is changing so fast you can spend a lot of
time sorting out what will be different next month, but whatever you
have should be available in different rooms.
For Heating check out Heatmiser and Danfoss/Randall
For Lighting check out C-Bus - basically search this Forum as C-Bus is
well suported on this Forum. Also the C-Bus web site has a wealth of
documentation

On 06/02/06, Mark Golledge <markgolledge@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm really new to home automation - am not really sure where to start
so
> thought I'd try and get your thoughts.
>
> I work full time so can really see home automation ending up as a full
time
> job. However, I've love to get on some evening classes (possibly
London