RE: [uka_d] Mini-mac as a (kind of) HTPC

  • Subject: RE: [uka_d] Mini-mac as a (kind of) HTPC
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 18:35:49 -0000

Thanks for the advise Guys

Can now telnet in and with a single command mount the iso image which then
auto plays in the dvd player :-)

Basically ended up getting toast and using toastmount as this mounts the
image as if it's a real dvd device

With applescript I should also be able to control the dvd player from the
ddar/rio in the lounge rather than using a mouse

Only pain is that when mounted the mount point is the dvd label rather than
filename. So that I can dismount it to tidy up I'll either have to add it
the database of dvd's or more likely just get telnet to ls the Volumes
folder and detach any drives that shouldn't be there

Many thanks
Tony