Re: HA cameras

  • Subject: Re: HA cameras
  • From: "John Nye" <john@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:36:56 -0000

For me there were a few:
- I already had quite a few bits for the PC
- Geovision software is 'feature rich' and has been rock solid since I
started my setup last October (havn't had to restart the PC once - is this
record for Windows??)
- Easy access when away from home (not saying you cannot do this with a
DVR,
but I knew how to do it with my setup). Also access via a PPC around the
house and anywhere that I can find wifi access.

I guess I just felt more 'comfortable' with a PC setup - and as I havn't
needed to change anything it has been ultra reliable -:)

John