Re: HA cameras

On 2/5/06, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks ... sounds not too difficult, then ... I'll dig in the archives
>
> Chris

Chris -- since you are an Idratek convert, don't forget that Cortex
now supports video cameras with motion detection and therefore
integrate into everything else. You'd need to check what camera cards
are supported. I've successfully used a USB webcam, but haven't tried
my iSpectra card yet. The wiring, ie Cat5 with baluns, Coax or CCTV
cabling (like co-ax but with power wires), would be the same for
almost any system using a central server.

There are two other generic options, wireless cameras (eg Motorola
Homesight) and Ethernet webcams. Neither of these is particularly
popular when you have the option to cable.

-- Gumby