RE: [uka_d] Mini-mac as a (kind of) HTPC

  • Subject: RE: [uka_d] Mini-mac as a (kind of) HTPC
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:04:09 -0000

> 'just an old two-page CRT ... doing it today, I'd go for one
> of the Apple LCD screens, perhaps the 23", 'though the 30"
> would be nice !

Thanks Chris

I've managed to solve my problem thankfully. I'd been searching the web for
articles related to the mini-mac, when I widened the search to just macs in
general I found someone who'd posted the settings I needed for reswitchx
for
use with the projector I have (sony vpl-hs10)

The output is excellent now :-)

I also loaded the same dvd in my sony dvd player (a really decent one
connected via component out) and froze both on the same approximate frame
for direct comparison. The mac output via dvi is noticably superior to the
dvd player, which surprised me somewhat - though I guess maybe it
shouldn't?

Problem now is do I buy another mac, or go for a PC... I need to be able to
program up some control on whatever type I use (mainly mount iso image and
start playing). I already have the code written for the pc, but know
nothing
about programming anything up for the mac :-(

Many thanks
Tony