Re: Sweat Equity anyone?

Er, yeah, but not till I've finished mine.  Cheeky git ;-)

Paul Gordon wrote:

>Right, as per my earlier email just after new year, vis-a-vis my
resoutions for 2006, I have resolved that this will be the year that I
*finally* see some of my HA projects through to completion, and make use of
some of the work I started years ago that has been sitting there just
waiting for me to get "a round tuit"

>Based on my experience from the last few years, I'm pretty sure that
I'll just not be able to do it all myself, - many reasons, including lack
of time, self-discipline, limited resources, limited skill-set etc... so I
think I'm going to see if on at least a couple of occasions during the year
I can call upon some "sweat equity" from the ever-helpful
group...

>So, would anyone fancy the idea, at some point later in the year, -
probably summertime when it's nice & warm.. of coming round to my place
in East London for a weekend, or a day here, day there kind of thing, and
giving me a hand with finishing off some of my (many!) outstanding HA
jobs?...

>No "actual" payment, except for as much free food / beer /
wine as you can get through, the opportunity to rummage through my
"surplus to requirements" tub and snaffle anything that might
have a 2nd use, and of course the chance to see and play with some HA kit
that you may not have seen/played with before. Also, I'd of course be
willing to return the favour in future...

>Some of the things that I need to try & get finished are:
>
>CAT5 cabling - there's loads in place that's not (to my eternal shame)
labelled or punched down, so requires a bit of tracing with a tone-set
(I've already bought one!), and then labelling & punching down.

>X10 to CBUS upgrades - got a tub full of CBUS modules that need to be
installed, wired up, and programmed.

>Boiler automation - I've always wanted to get my Central heating under
HA control, and have pre-wired a number of elements to support this, but
need to actually figure out how to interface to the boiler without blowing
it (or myself) up, or invalidating the care plan...

>Node zero construction - already done a fair bit in the cellar, but
still some more to do, including a bit of plumbing to reroute some heating
pipes away from the Comfort panel, and some woodwork etc..

can see some of them on http://paulgordon.homeip.net