Re: UK Company Aims to Automate Your Life

One online co. you didn't mention - CyberSelect - does have a real
shop.  But you have to be a Norwich farmboy to be anywhere near it :-)

Mal

Paul Gordon wrote:

>Ah yes, seconded! - I thought exactly the same thing when I read
that... - nice to see more entrants to the marketplace, more competition,
more public exposure etc. Being charitable, I suppose being the "new
boy" they obviously feel they have to talk themselves up, but... they
are kidding themselves if they really believe that assertion... - Moreover,
if they are pinning their hopes that this will be their key differentiator
between themselves and the encumbant competition, then they are set for a
rude awakening.. Like Ian, I have found our favourite HA (r)etailers to be
never anything less than brilliant in their levels of service, availability
and product knowledge...

>Now, if they *really* want to be different, what I'd like to see is a
real bricks & mortar shop with shelves and shelves of lovely sexy HA
kit that can be browsed & handled, - with a couple of knowledgeable
staff on-hand to answer questions, give quick demo's etc... - kinda like
Dixons, except with stuff we want to buy.... and staff who aren't PFY's
who's b*lls have only just dropped.... - You'd find me in such a shop most
weekends spending my beer tokens!!