Fw: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch (PIC fixed)

  • Subject: Fw: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch (PIC fixed)
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:36:11 +0000

fek - my static IP has gone ! It was fine the other day.

Here's a temp link that should work - http://tinyurl.com/bqo3r

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 01/02/2006 22:32 -----

Can't see anything on the link :-(

________________________________

Here's a pretty picture of the back of the timer switch = which tells
you
what the connections are:

http://tinyurl.com/b93pb

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 01/02/2006 13:54 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 13:45

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch
.
Category:

Just wanted to clarify something here - I was thinking of CBUS'sing the
Heating system by just bypassing the timer switch.

Currently we have a seperate temperature sensor - I wont touch that.
What
Im thinking I can replace is the timer switch - All it seems to do is
just

make a electrical connection at a certain time for the heating and the
water tank (one for each)

So in theory, I should be able to take the live and common for these ,
and

just plug them straight into a CBUS relay channel (just like an X10
AM10).

I can then use Comfort's logic to activate the relays etc, and have a
CBUS

switch show the status and can use that to override as well.

I'll also assume that it's 240v, and that it's less than 10Amps !

All make sense ? Anything Im missing ?