Re: Room Occupency and Motion Sensor Logic.

Craig,

Thanks for the info, that is super.  The logic in the homeseer stuff
sounds interesting and is something I did not think about.  I will
investigate it from a Girder point of view.

I also like the door contact idea.

Cheers

Dan

Craig wrote:

> > I actually use Girder4.
> >
> > Currently I have the motion sensors activate a time which is
> > constantly rearmed.
>
> Im not familiar with girder HA functionality/customisation. The
Homeseer
> mcsMovement & dooMotion I mentioned have some logic built in based
on
> definitions of 'from-to' PIR sensors, eg cloakroom-hall. If movement
is
> detected in cloakroom then shortly afterwards in the hall, it is
> assumed the
> cloakroom is probably unoccupied, unless the house is in 'party' mode
:)

> The reliability of this logic obviously decreases the more people are
> in the
> house and also with the layout, eg more exits from rooms, etc
>
> One of the good features of the VP1000/Visonic PIRs is they can be
moved
> easily to find the optimum location. Also make sure you configure the
> height
> setting correctly inside the PIR, the BT documentation does not
> include this
> but the Visonic does http://tinyurl.com/yao6sv.
> <http://tinyurl.com/yao6sv.>
>
> Also the BT Door sensors have a spare auxiliary input that can be
used,
> again the BT documentation does not cover this but it is mentioned in
the
> Visonic MCT-302T manual http://tinyurl.com/y6hbq7.
> <http://tinyurl.com/y6hbq7.> If you
have one on your
> main exit door, you can easily wire up the second contact to a door
bell
> push switch, and you have instantly got a HA enabled door bell.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

18/12/2006 13:45