Re: NAS Recommendations

Darren

I got my 2TB Terrastation from Transparent Communications a couple of
weeks ago - 39p/GB (£782 inc VAT)

Same as Nigel, I've not given mine a good thrashing yet, although the
MP3's are on it now (used by Sonos) and that works very well.

One problem I have got is with Paperport 11 (the document
management/scanning software).

For some reason, all shares and sub-dirs appear as read only (the files
are all full-access), although you can add files to them, delete them
and move them etc. Paperport 10 doesn't mind this but Paperport 11 won't
allow file renaming etc.

I spoke with Nuance but they were most unhelpful, saying that mapped
drives were not supported - and that's that!

Other than that, it works well with everything else I've got here.

HTH

Regards

Neil

Nigel Giddings wrote:
> Darren,
>

> I bought a 2TB Terrastation Pro a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased
with it but haven?t fully exercised it yet?

> It has support for UPS, can be run in RAID5, send health reports by
e-mail, Gigabit Ethernet, security for folders and some support for Active
Directory passwords.

> Comes with back up support but not tried this yet, what do you back up
to?

> Bought mine from Misco (it worked out 41p (inc VAT) per Gigabyte
(without Raid5))

> Nigel

15/12/2006 17:10