Re: DSC Alarm systems.

  • Subject: Re: DSC Alarm systems.
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 19:20:42 -0000

Hi Philip.

is it something you are looking to do yourself?. I bought a basic DSC
unit with very basic automation in mind. I found it almost impossible
to buy the extra modules for X10 control and the support in comparison
with Comfort was non existent.

If you are getting someone to install it then DSC has auto arm at
defined times and can have limited X10 integration at a lower cost
than Comfort.

I decided to get a second hand Comfort unit to try out. I am happy so
far and may even upgrade to comfort 2 if I see the need to do so. It
can be very complicated but it is not too hard to do basic things if
that is what you want and there is always the option of taking that
next step without tearing everything out.

Regards
Ian