From: Ho Yin Ng
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [ukha_d] Home document management?

I use a Fujitsui ADF A4 scanner - it is a one touch scanner - so I put
the paper in hit the button and it created a pdf which I then hit save
for.

The problem is like Malcom I have trouble producing original documents
should someone require them for proof of address!!! As I too shred
everything!

You have to ensure you have a good backup system as well though!!

I remember trying paperport for a bit but I found the thumbnail
building slow and actually not that helpful? Perhaps things have
changed since I last tried or perhaps I did not customise it
correctly?? Are you able to file the pdfs in categories? Are you able
to turn off the thumbnails???

Perhaps I should give it another try?

Ho yin

On 11/12/06, Pankaj Dhokia <pankaj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wayne wrote:
> > Hiya Paul!
> >
> > One of the chaps at work champions Google Desktop to do searches.
If you