XBOX Modchip faulty?

Could I have a faulty Executer chip? - If so, it would explain a
singular failure to successfully chip 2 separate boxes....

It *did* originally work when I first used it with a solderless adapter,
and I remember flashing it with a BIOS. That time however, the
solderless adapter was pants and kept lifting off enough to render it
inoperable, and in trying to remedy that situation, I wonder if I could
have hosed the chip?

I've recently got a newer solderless adapter, which does seem better. I
fitted it to the recent Argos v1.6 XBOX, and I believe the adapter is
fitted & functioning correctly. (as indicated by all the LEDs on the
adapter being on). As soon as I put the modchip on things start to go
awry though....

One of the things I tried to improved the old solderless adapter was
applying a small amount of superglue to the underside to attempt to
secure it to the board (I'd tried a few other things first, I was out of
ideas by that point!). This, I think, was a mistake! - Prior to that the
chip worked, since I installed it onto that superglued adapter it
hasn't... It didn't work when I put it on that superglued adapter
either... I think that
a) superglue is electrically conductive
b) whilst still liquid the glue migrated underneath the adapter and
bridged some contacts

It's probably an obvious question, but does it sound feasible that I
toasted the chip by installing it in this way? - are there any tests
possible to perform against it?

I'm not anticipating any good news in response to this question... :-(

Cheers.

Paul G.