[OT] Bluetooth GPS Kit & TomTom 6...

  • Subject: [OT] Bluetooth GPS Kit & TomTom 6...
  • From: "David Irwin \(Home\)" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:26:25 -0000

Firstly apologies for the OT, but I know loads of you are have
probably
answered this already so...

I have a Vario II. And love it.

2 Questions really:

1)      Has anyone tested it with Tom Tom Navigator 6? Unfortunately they
do
not list this particular phone on their tested list and I don't really want
to buy TomTom and find it does not work properly!

2)      Which Bluetooth GPS unit are people using? On paper the Rikaline
6033 looks really good, but is not a SirfStar III chipset (which most units
seem to be) and it does not charge from a miniUSB socket meaning it cannot
share a charger lead with my phone.

That leaves me asking for recommendations from those who have a working
solution for me.

Thanks all

Dave