Re: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start

  • Subject: Re: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:03:36 -0000

Thx Paul, I'll have a look at it, see if I can find some sense in it.

Rob.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Yes you can either put multiple soundcards in a PC and Winamp can
be set to whichever output you want (in the settings).

> Alternatively, you can use a 5.1 / 7.1 Soundbaster card and the
KxProject audio drivers to give you 3/4 individual stereo outputs
from one card!

> http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1
>
> I do this and have done for 5 years - works a treat and cheaper
than separate cards. Winamp and other progs see the drivers as
separate outputs. You then take the 3 or 4 3.5mm jack outlets to your
amplifiers.

> Not sure about the IR bit as I don't control them in this way (or
use Winamp anymore). Just in case it's of any interest: I now use
MainLobby/MusicLobby and the J River Media Centre which again, works
through the single sound card and I have 2 MP3 'sources' feeding into
two Russound CAV6.6's (whole house amplifiers). I could add extra
sources if I wanted but I only need two + all the other stuff that
gets distributed (Sky HD, Sky+ for radio, DVD, XBMC). It's a pretty
comprehensive arrangement and works really well - but gets a bit more
expensive!

> Paul.

Behalf Of
> > egelbeertje
> > Sent: 06 December 2006 11:26
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [ukha_d] Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote
controlled ??? Don't
> > know how to start
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > current config : laptop with external soundblaster running winamp
> > 2.91 with an infrared receiver. Xantech stuff controlling the IR,
> > external soundblaster connected through distribution amp to 5
> > amps/rooms, all ir controlled through the xantech kit.
> >
> > Problem : winamp playing = same song all through the house and
swimbo
> > and I have different tastes - now this is a challenge since I
> > actually managed to get her into selecting songs/playlists - in
the
> > end maybe not such a bright idea.....
> >
> > Question 1 : can I run multiple instances of winamp on the same
pc
> > using the same IR controller through the serial connection?
> > Question 2 : can I put multiple soundcards (or externals on usb)
(I'm
> > considering upgrading the lappie to a full tower or rackmount)
and