RE: Home cinema

  • Subject: RE: Home cinema
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:33:57 -0000

Chris,

=20

I can't understand the indecisiveness... I can understand the confusion :-)

=20

You cannot beat the full sound system of 5.1 or 7.1, the sub woofer does
it=
for me...

=20

A decent image on a large screen, in a darkened room, also helps to
transpo=
rt you into the film...

=20

Personally I feel that PCs (I only have windows experience) are at such a
p=
rice/performance point that it should be the centre of any setup... For
muc=
h less than =A3500 you can get a PC that can output HDTV and full surround
=
audio. The advantage is up-scaling DVD material, Freeview and SKY SD.
Abili=
ty to play HD downloads, there is now HD content available that is royalty
=
free...

=20

The only issue is how to project, large LCDs and Plasmas are still a bit
sm=
all.... Having experienced CRT it would seem the way to go but is
expensive=
or requires a lot of fettling. LCD and DLP projectors are very good now es=
pecially if you spend =A34K plus...

=20

If you have the room why not do it. My cinema can also be used for
entertai=
ning as a party space, great for interactive DVD games, presentation suite
=
and maybe one day as a posh video conference system...

=20

Do you have a room in mind, what size, natural light, sound reflectiveness?

=20

Nigel

=20