DVI cabling query

Possibly one for Keith?....

Chaps, following on from my recent upgrade of my kitchen TV, I have a
connector dilemma, - basically, two sources to connect to 1 input on the
TV...

Wouldn't normally be a problem, except that the 1 connector on the TV is
a DVI-I, and currently both sources I have to connect to it are analogue
(1 PC VGA, and 1 $ky Y-Pb-Pr). The set came with a 3-phono to DVI cable
included to connect the component source to the input. I also have a
VGA-DVI cable for the PC, so I can connect either one, but not both
concurrently.

I've looked at getting a DVI switchbox, but *every* one I've found only
switches the digital pins, and so wouldn't pass through the analogue
signal lines.

I could upgrade the PC & fit a new graphics card with DVI, but that
still leaves me the problem of switching between them.

Then it occurred to me, the DVI-I obviously has separate analogue &
digital signal pins, so in theory I *should* be able to connect both
sources at the same time and select between them using the input
selections on the TV (instead of using an external switch) - I reckon
all I need is a custom cable making up that connects but sources to the
input...

$ky-----3 x phono--------

I-----------------------------------------DVI-I ----input on TV

PC-----DVI-D--------------

Hope the ASCII art survives intact!

Does this make sense? - sound feasible? - I *think* I would have to
upgrade the PC to DVI-D, since if I've read the DVI connector spec
correctly, there's only a single set of analogue RED/GREEN/BLUE input
pins so both component video and VGA would need to use them. But if I
change the PC to DVI, then that would use the digital pins and AFAICS
there's no reason then that I shouldn't be able to have both
connected...

If so, I need to find somewhere who can make up such a cable for me; - I
don't suppose such a configuration already exists off the shelf? -
Anyone got any suggestions who could do this for me? (Keene?
Lectropacs?)

TIA

Paul G.