Latest message you have seen: RE: CBus power usage

c-bus planning on a new build - need advice

  • Subject: c-bus planning on a new build - need advice
  • From: "John" <john.hegarty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:37:22 -0000

I wonder if I can ask for some advice from the expert collective on=20
this list (apologies for the length of the posting). My situation is=20
as follows -

After 6 months of looking for a house to buy, we found one last=20
Saturday and have shook hands with the builder to secure it. It's=20
just where we want to live, right size and best of all is being built=20
by a local builder who is almost ready for the first fix - so I have=20
a huge opportunity to get as much HA stuff in as I can afford.=20

The builder is happy with my requirements for Cat5 and CT100=20
everywhere but has not worked with C-BUS before. While I haven't seen=20
C-BUS in the flesh so to speak, I read this list when I can and it=20
seems to be fairly popular for lighting control which I am keen on=20
having.=20

The builder's electrician is happy to run the cables for it, but he=20
won't design or specify equipment. And time is very tight =96 they want=20
to get started with the electrical install this week !

So, my question to those who know c-bus well, what's the best way=20
forward given my time constraints ? I see my options as =96

1) Have a go at designing the layout myself for the electrician.