Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

Re: [OT] Help! new switch and routing

Paul,

With 192.168.0.1 as your gateway, this suggests that you have a netmask
of 255.255.255.0, in effect this means that the switch is on a different
network, at least as far as TCP/IP is concerned.

The quickest solution would be to manually give a PC an IP of
192.168.2.9 netmask of 255.255.255.0, then use the admin interface of
the switch to give it an ip in the range 192.168.1.x.

Everything is behaving exactly as it should.

Stuart

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 12:21 +0100, Paul Gale wrote:
> I plugged my new 24 port gig switch in this morning (SMCGS24C-Smart)
its a managed (or rather smart) switch.

> All PCs working OK but Im trying to get to the web management console
in it but having huge problems. The IP is 192.168.2.10/255.255.255.0 by
default but I cant get to it. If I ping that IP, ping shows a reply from
either my default gateway when my ADSL lines are down (192.168.0.1) or an
IP at my ISP (84.45.193.194) when the lines are up !!!!

--
Stuart Poulton <stuart.poulton@xxxxxxx>