From: Marcus Warrington [mailto:marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 August 2006 11:50
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] X10 Question

Jonathan,

The LD11's (+ 99% of all modules available in the UK) do *not* support
status response. This means that it is impossible for the alarm panel to
simply ask the modules if the light is currently on or off. In your
particular case I don't think it matters because the Alarm panel will
not be toggling the light like the light switches do, it will be issuing
an explicit X10 command "Light ON". This means if the light is
currently
off it will turn on but if already on it will remain on i.e. ignore the
command

In fact if you use an LD11 (which supports extended codes) and your
alarm panel supports extended X10 commands, then you could actually
issue a "Direct To 100%" command which would then mean that if
the light
was already on but dimmed it would brighten to 100% instead of remaining
dimmed.

Marcus

From: ukha_d@yahoogroups. <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
-com