Re: [OT] Sky emails - word of warning

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Sky emails - word of warning
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:27:02 -0000

I bought my own domain name for just this reason - quick plug for=20
http://www.123-reg.co.uk who I've found
faultless.

It allows for forwarding of any emails to that domain, as well as=20
blocking tools. Every time I've signed up for something for anything=20
like this I always put the email address as, for instance,=20
sky_offer@xxxxxxx . This way I can tell who's selling my=20
email address on :-(  and block any I don't want.

To be fair, in all the online signups there's been only a very few=20
I've felt like blocking and complaining about. Of course the various=20
newgroup emails addresses I've used, even when munged, have ended up=20
blocked due to the amount of tinned meat arriving.

Worth a thought ?

Kevin W.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Just a word of warning in case anyone considers giving Sky an=20
email address on-line =96 I did this to register for their on-line=20
services but there wasn't an option to refuse marketing emails in=20
the future. I've now had numerous emails from all kinds of different=20
departments, which you can unsubscribe individually but not all=20
together =96 and I keep getting added to more areas it seems <GRRR>