Re: Cheap DVR CCTV Cards

Steve Nye wrote:
> I was thinking about getting one of those cheap DVR CCTV cards from
ebay and
> wondered if any one had any experience with them (ebay item
110022861044 is
> typical)

That card will only manage 25fps with one camera input. With 4 cameras
you're looking at more like 2-3fps at best.

If you want anything like full frame rate you'll need a card with chip
per camera input. eg.
search.ebay.co.uk/250017949192
search.ebay.co.uk/150020433565

If using with linux, be very sure the bttv drivers will recognise the
card. If in doubt, spend a few more quid and buy one known to work. Eg.
I have one of these which I use with zoneminder:
http://www.wordsworth.co.uk/products/industrial-pc/single-board-computers/video/ivc-200g.html

> So what software do people use and does it do the sort of things I am
> looking for or do I need to be lookinging for something different?

www.zoneminder.com

Jim