Cheap DVR CCTV Cards

  • Subject: Cheap DVR CCTV Cards
  • From: "Steve Nye" <nye.forums@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:38:18 +0100

I was thinking about getting one of those cheap DVR CCTV cards from
ebay and
wondered if any one had any experience with them (ebay item 110022861044 is
typical)

What I would like to be able to do is record images from multiple cameras
onto my hard disk (PIII 750) but only when motion is detected and to send
that image to my gmail acount as a way of 'backing' up the image. I would
also like to be able to get remote access to the image store from the
internet and to check on the live feed. I guess this is as much about the
software that is used as the card, and having a static IP address (which I
already have).

So what software do people use and does it do the sort of things I am
looking for or do I need to be lookinging for something different?

Many thanks

Steve