RE: Monitoring CPU temps and poss fans?

  • Subject: RE: Monitoring CPU temps and poss fans?
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:40:21 +0100

*sigh*

> Does the memory leak still occur even with low volumes - but just
takes
longer to be a problem?

260+ days uptime, no memory leak. Nobody has reported one on our support
forums either. It's a non issue.

> Having spend a small fortune on new kit for a server and HA PC to
provide
more resilience and performance, I'd hate to put 'leaky' software on it ;)

Well you wouldn't want to install xPLHal then.

Good lord no.

Because, of course, as well as being leaky (apparently) it also eats
babies,
supports Communism, and will make all of your hair fall out.

Seriously though - it's hobby software, end of story. Does a great job for
me, and from the lack of complaints, seems to do a great job for a lot of
other folks too. I haven't seen a memory leak, but hey...

I know from previous posts that you use a variety of xAP software, so it
probably makes more sense to stick with Floorplan for that reason alone.

Besides, it probably reduces tartar buildup or something, right Kevin? :D

I.