Re: Re: CBus???

Since everyone is chipping in with alternatives now I guess I have to
shout
for Idratek before it's too late :-)

You have the Cat-5 in place to replace the wall switches with QBIs or DRBs
and can continue to use your existing X-10 stuff and then gradually swap it
out. Admittedly, Idratek dimmers are not quite over the horizon yet, but
very imminent (I use LD-11s at the moment). The wall switches can be
programmed to operate standalone (Reflex) or integrate with everything else
on a PC. Once the bug bites you'll want ceiling mounted PIR or PRS modules
and also consider connecting door switches to the wall switch modules.

Cheers,

Dave

PS: You do not need to use the large audio panels anywhere if you don't
want
them / like the look of them.