RE: Siemens have a combined PSTN/VoIP phone that uses DECT handsets...

  • Subject: RE: Siemens have a combined PSTN/VoIP phone that uses DECT handsets...
  • From: <rich_lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:29:31 +1200

It took them long enough to get GAP working properly, and that doesnt
even
support handset numbering between brands of handsets.

I think wishing for standardised phone directory lookup is very wishfull,
however in an ethernet connected phone it would be interesting to have some
ldap or other lookup mechanisms.

I know the dualphone lets you see your skype contacts on the handset, but
thats USB connected and skype specific so not really of interest to me.

_____