Re: Is there a Linux version of Windows Media Centre Edition?

>> I'm wanting to build a PVR pc and am trying to do it on a budget.
>>
>> So to reduce costs even further, I'm wondering if there's a Linux
based

> application to give the same functionality as MCE. MythTV.  It's meant
to be like MCE, but infinitely better.  I've tried installing it many a
time, but find it just too hard to configure.  Give it a shot though, you
may find you have more luck and skill than me!

Yes it's a bit of PITA to build the first time, even using Knoppmyth,
but Knopp is getting better with each revision.
The latest is very good, unless you want to watch freeview, which is a
tad broken on the tuning, so stick with A26.
That said, it does a lot of stuff that MCE can only dream about, so
check your hardware is on the recommended list (and most hardware is),
pick a tutorial and give it a try!
I finally got BIOS wakeup working  last week :) So now the Mythbox
spends most of the time switched off!  That'll save a wad of elecy bill!
When it's time to record a show it wakes up, records and then goes back
to sleep again! Nice...