Re: Audio/Video Distribution

Chris Miles wrote:

>has anyone carried out this task before?
>I have just CAT5 wired my new house and I am thinking of interesting
things to use it for except ethernet.
>I have picked up some adapters that allow me to send audio/video/infra
red over my CAT5 cables, and was thinking
>about having a dedicated point in the house where I will keep multiple
audio/video sources.

This idea has cropped up once or twice before :-)

>Now I know I need some sort of AV switcher, but I want to find one that
can send to multiple end points.. i.e One room can watch sky, another room
can watch cable, and another room can watch freeview or a movie from a HTPC
or HD player or so on.
>Is there any such switchers/routers for AV that has multiple outputs to
its multiple inputs?

<hands Chris a stick> Go and poke Keith Doxey repeatedly...

Jim