RE: HA in upmarket developer homes ...

  • Subject: RE: HA in upmarket developer homes ...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:59:38 +0100

> > 'agree ... needs to be well thought-through, and probably
> not just an
> > ad-on, as I think the developer stuff tends to be, with bad
> results (eg:
> > lights that come on automatically, when someone enters, even when
> > inappropriate, and air-con that fights ufh, to qute two
> examples from
> > the article today) ...
>
> I personally quite like room lights that come on
> automatically when someone enters in the evening or just get
> activated between regular periods. I also think night lights
> that come on during the night when motion is detected is also
> a nice idea. eg. near floor level low intensity lighting path
> to the bathroom.

Yup - I have several rooms where the actions of lights, curtains and motion
sensing are tied together and the result does work well ... I have other
rooms where things aren't tied together (i.e. the spare room where curtains
are triggered simply on a dusk/dawn sensor) which are a right pain in the
arse if you're in there.

> Your second example is more like a symptom of non-integrated
> home automation design.

That's the biggie ... Getting everything seamlessly working together.

Phil