Re: whole house audio

You're almost spoilt for choice here - there's quite a few IP-based
players that will do what you want, e.g. (in no particular order)

WExtreamer from Barix / Laser: http://tinyurl.com/ojmc5
Squeezebox: www.slimdevices.com
Netgear MP101: http://www.netgear.com/products/details/MP101.php
Dell DDAR: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=828
The Dell is long-discontinued and was a re-badged version of the Rio
Receiver (I think that's what it was called). Check eBay for both :-)

There's probably loads more I've missed, but the above seem to be most
popular on this list.

And, of course, a classic Xbox running Xbox Media Centre (XBMC,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc)

HTH,

Tim.