Re: [OT] dual head system

  • Subject: Re: [OT] dual head system
  • From: "patrick_o_matic" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:56:21 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> > patrick_o_matic wrote:
> > > I recently fitted a Geforce 5500 AGP card to my AOpen
motherboard
> > > which also has on-board intel video in the hope of ending up
with a
> > > nice dual head system. Unfortunately XP seems to have lost
sight of
> > > the onboard video, although is shows as enabled in the
> > bios. "Detect
> > > new hardware" from the control panel also has bugger
all
> > impact. Any
> > > ideas on how to fix this? Google, AOpen etc. no help at
all...

> > Is it definitely possible to run both AGP and on board video
> > at the same time? Quite often adding an AGP card disables all
> > onboard video...
> >
> > Jim
>
> That's the way I've seen it work too on the integrated graphics
mobos I have
> here ... Chuck in a graphics card and the integrated graphics
facilities
> basically "turn off" altogether.

Yes, a bit more digging suggests that apparently many modern mobos use
AGP for on-board graphics, and if that's the case, inserting another
card automatically disables it.

Any recommendations for a budget dual head card (I don't need high
performance, although 1024 res would be nice)?

Thanks all

Patrick