RE: [OT] recomended DNS services?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] recomended DNS services?
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:46:35 +0100

Paul.

www.123reg.co.uk works for me...

Nigel

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gale [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 April 2006 09:20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] recomended DNS services?

Is this designed for dynamic IP's? I have fixed IP's and mainly want to
use it for my hosted web accounts (www and FTP etc). The reason for this
rather than using the host DNS service is I want full control of
additional A records to point subdomains etc to my home servers.

The big problem I guess is if my various hosts change IP's of any of
their boxes with little or no notice (as has already happened).

Is there any way to get the best of both worlds?

Paul.