Latest message you have seen: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

Re: Re: IR sepaker selection

Hi Marc,

You could use that unit to switch another relay which is connected to
your speakers, as those relay contacts are only rated for 5A at 24
VDC.

As the second relay you could use something like part no. 729-830 from
http://rswww.com which has 4
normally-open (NO) contacts rated at 240V
/ 16A and a 24VDC coil. You would use the UM7206 to switch the 24VDC
supply to the coil on the secondary relay and connect your speakers
across the NO terminals on that second relay. Applying 24V to the coil
turns your speakers on.

There are other relays, and 16amps is probably overkill for what you
need but it was the first one that looked suitable that I came across.

HTH,

Tim.

wrote:

> > How about using a Velleman kits? I'm pretty sure they had an IR
or
> RF
> > kit or module that would toggle a relay, you could then connect
your
> > speaker cables through that relay, or through a separate relay
for
> > segregation.
> >
> > Try looking at www.cpc.co.uk and searching on
"velleman", or check