Latest message you have seen: RE: Mimo USB TouchScreens due....

Re: Quietish PC

my solution for silencing the hard drive (and also holding my
lcd=20=20
display in my htpc) was to get a plastic 5.24" - 3.5" adapter
designed=20=20
for floppy drives, and put the drive in that, but i dremelled out a=20=20
fair chunk of the caddy and put some thin rubber sheeting underneath=20=20
and alongside it, and mounted the drive to the caddy using some
rubber=20=20
grommets too.  you can still hear the drive, but only barely over the=20=20
psu
On 19 Apr 2006, at 10:49, Ho Yin wrote:

> Mal,
>
> Regarding silencing your HD.
>
> What I did was get some elastic and then suspend my HD in a 5.25"
bay.
> Therefore it does not touch the case at all - it significantly=20=20
> quietened the
> rumbling noise, plus improves air flow - a nice cheap and easy=20=20
> solution to
> reduce some noise.
>
> Ho yin

=20
> Of
> Mal Lansell
> Sent: 19 April 2006 08:21
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Quietish PC
>
> You should also consider the SilenX fans (also available from=20=20
> KustomPCs)
> - only 9db compared to the 17db for the Nexus, and with an airflow of
> 18cf/m, which is close to the Nexus' 20cf/m.
>
> I bought a bunch last week for my HTPC, and all I can hear now is the
=
=20
> hard
> drive rumbling when I access it - silencing that is next ;-)
>
> Mal
>

> David Irwin (Home) wrote:
>
>> Andy,
>> You mentioned quite chassis fans - these are the best 80mm fans I
have
>> seen...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/cockj
>> (apologies for the unfortunate link)
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> (no affiliation, just happy customer)

get one =
of
>> the Aero Flowers.  Guess I=92ll have to look for quiet chassis
fan=92s =
=20
>> too.
>>

>> Just another thought though, I suppose I can=92t house the PC
upstairs
>> and somehow distribute the video feed to the plasma screen
downstairs?
>> Like a really long lead or something ?! (duh!)
>>

>> Andy
>>

>> (why do all my posts have double line spacing in them? It=92s not
me
>> doing
>> it!)

everything =
=20
>> is
> out of date.
>>
>> Any advise appreciated.
>>

>> Dean.

>> Talk for free - skype me  <skype:dean.rolec?call> Call me!
>>
>> Try our amazing lighting demonstration online now, and watch in
>> realtime via our webcam. Click below and follow the CBus links.
>> <http://www.rolec.net/> www.rolec.net
>> dean@xxxxxxx
>> Tel: 01908-210677
>> Fax: 01908-210678
>>
>> The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and
is=20=20
>> intended
>> solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information
in
>> it by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented
are
>> solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of
>> The Rolec Group or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended
>> recipient please contact wrongmail@xxxxxxx

>>  _____
>>
>> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>>

>> *          Visit your group "ukha_d=20=20
>> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d>
> "
>> on the web.
>>

>> *          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>

>> *          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
>> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Terms of Service.