Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: Did anyone hack the electrasave unit ?

>  Right so the meter is =A330+vat+post and can be fitted in 30mins.
>
>  How much should 30mins of sparkies time cost? (just so I don't get
sh@ft=
ed)

>  Lee
>

>  > It really is very cost effective to add a secondary meter with a
prope=
>  > pulsed output - they're sub =A350 (+fitting) and way more
dependable t=
han
>  > optical.  Fitting is around a 30 minute job.

Hi all
Just moved into an old house with dial electricity meter, did
not like it after the digital meter at the last house. I heard from a
friend that a lot of the older style meters are being replaced. So I
called Powergen and asked them to change it, a week later they turned
up and fitted a new one in 15 minutes.
A nice digital meter with strobing led for monitoring of usage via PC
(which will happen later). Cant rememeber the make of it though, with
out looking at it again.

So might be worth calling your supplier !
The engineer fitting it said they only cost =A36 for them to buy.

Adam