Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: [OT] Yahoogroup problems?

Interesting - looks like this isn't a problem at the sender, rather it's a
yahoo/receiver problem.

These two:
>2.5 FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML Outlook can't send HTML message only
>2.4 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format

Are a really high SCL score - that would cause mail to be dropped into junk
email in outlook 2003 for instance.

I know this one - Yahoo re-writes emails sent to the ukha_d list into plain
text (no HTML). If the Email client of the sender is set to HTML, this
appears in the message header - except, the body is plain text only.

Spam Assassin sees this, and ranks it more strongly as spam. If the spam
score is intermediate, it's probably forwarded, but marked as spam - if it
gets high enough, some ISPs will simply delete/reject it.

The way around it is for the sender to set their email client to send Plain
Text rather than HTML - you can't do much about it at the receiver end.

The other interesting one is this one -

>1.3 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
>[Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?66.94.237.26>]

That IP address is one of Yahoo's "farm" of Mail Servers, and
it's
blacklisted (again). Yahoo seem to get RBL'ed a lot, and don't seem to do a
whole lot about it. When a group email is sent out, it will be handled by
one of the Yahoo servers - and if your ISP thinks that the one which sent
the email is blacklisted, chances are you won't see the message.

Checking on spamcop, there seem to be about 15 servers in the same general
IP range blocked, but not in a contiguous lump. My guess - the mails that
go
through the "ok" servers make it, the ones that go through the
RBL'ed
servers don't.

Ian.