Latest message you have seen: Are the 'KeyStone' Modular patch systems standard?

Re: Windows Server 2003 web connection?

Hiya Pete,
I might be barking up the wrong tree here but I don't think you can
manually set the dns ip address to a 127.0.0.1 (if that is what it was.)
as windows argues that it doesn't allow this.
What /may/ have happened is that the windows 'I want to set up global
domination but lets start with making this a server' wizard has gone off
and done its thing, to which its also installed your very own DNS server
(are you noticing things like Active Directory being mentioned?).

If this is the case - you /might/ get querks when adding computers into
your 'domain' where they cant see the internet either.

Like I said though - dogs and wrong trees :-)

Wayne.

White, Peter wrote:
> Cheer Jonathan, it did help - I'd not set the DNS server to anything,
so it
> had defaulted to 127.....
>
> It was late, that's my excuse anyway.
>
> Pete
>
>    _____

I've
> just finished installing the O/S, but even though I can ping the
router, it
> won't connect out to the web. Am I being really dim?   It's a
bog-standard
> home network, a Linksys router/ADSL model, and the server is patched
> directly into one of the router's 4 ports. I've tried DHCP and fixed
IP on
> the server, both work fine, but still neither will connection out to
the
> web, even to trusted sites such as the Windows Update site.
>
> I'm not into servers, so maybe I'm doing something daft, any ideas?
It's