Re: XPL - XAP

PS:  To add some simple examples ... the car tells me when it need
servicing (needs to go to the garage, depending on usuage, needs more
water in the washer-bottle, needs the tyres pumping-up, without there
being pressure sensors on the tyres, etc) ... it adjusts under- /
over-steer when cornering, brakes cleanly without skidding or deviating
from the commaned line, checks doors for closure, closes the windows
when it rains, adjust windscreen wiper speed according to vehicle speed
(eg: goes intermittent when stopped for 'lights), manages the cabin air
environment ... and so-on ... ie: it's helpful & context-sensitive ...

Chris

Chris Hunter wrote:

> >I'm at a loss to understand the benefits for this, other than
> UKHA-factor!
>
> Aye ... that's the thing with HA ... gimmick or useful ? !   My
> experience is that our cars are fully networked & the benefit is
very
> positive ... the CA looks after the details & state of everything
> the driver is kept informed & has only to command, not control ...
> something that is made possible only because the system has a handle
on
> everything ...
>
> Idratek, it seems to me, is going to give me the best chance of
> achieving something similar for the house ... what we're aiming for
> being more than simply triggered sequenced actions ...
>
> Chris
>

> Andy Laurence wrote:
>
> > From: Chris Hunter [mailto:cjhunter@xxxxxxx]
> > > Before too long, we will need to buy appliances for the new
house ...
> > > and Siemens have an offer to add EIB to some of their ovens,
fridges,
> > > freezers, washing-machines, dishwashers, tumble-driers, etc
... 50Euro
> > > per item, for full control & status (on/off,
open/closed, start/stop,
> > > settings, etc) ... but our network will be Idratek, not EIB
!

> > I'm at a loss to understand the benefits for this, other than
> > UKHA-factor!
> >
> > > Our cars have computerised everything, including SatNav, and
it
> > would be
> > > handy to be able to check status (locked/unlocked, fuel
& service
> > > situation, etc) & plan trips & download data from
anywhere in the