RE: Connecting lots of hard drives to a mac?!?!

  • Subject: RE: Connecting lots of hard drives to a mac?!?!
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:29:22 +0000

Hi All,

If all you want to do is serve disk I would go linux rather than xp/mac as
its a free, stable os (please don't tell me macs are stable - I had 2 minis
and they crashed quite a few times) and frankly you get pretty good support
through the forums so thats not an issue. Stick a 3ware sata card in your
current xp pc, install linux, attach the sata disks (with a hotspare) and
forget about it - it won't go wrong!

On a side note, why does everyone seem to have so much trouble with xp ? I
know it should come with a decent av/firewall package but once you add
something like zonealarm its not bad at all - we have 5 xp boxes at home
and
they give no bother (his/hers/laptop/home automation/geovision).

Chris