Re: [OT]Solar Power

Sometimes they are from UPSs, sometimes not.
Usually AGM type but can be wet acid.
Again maybe deep cycle but usually not.

About a year ago I had a tonne of new-old stock batteries.
Some were about 4 years old but not the best quality.  Some of these=20
were ok, some were dead.  They required individual testing.  Sold=20
the working ones for just a few quid each to a member of UKHA
Within the same job lot, there were some Hawker 6v115Ah.  About 3=20
years old but absolutely top quality.  RRP over =A3200 each!
These were in perfect condition and sold them with a large UPS.
So quality and condition varies greatly.

Recently I was talking to a company that were decommissioning some=20
2v200Ah wet batteries.  These were in great condition but the=20
customer wanted a paperwork trail all the way to the recycling=20
place.  So I couldn't get those.  A string of 2v LA batteries is=20
better than a string of 12v LA batteries.

If I get offered any, I'll post on here to see what the interest is=20
like.  Problem for me though is storing them!

Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Martin Howell <martin.howell@...>=20
wrote:

> Andy,
> Presumably these are from big ol' UPSs, and are the deep cycle=20
flavour=20
> rather than the automotive kind?
> Martin
>=20
> Andy Whitfield wrote:
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Martin Howell <martin.howell@>=20
wrote:
> >=20
> >>I'm seriously looking at the idea, either full autonomy with
a=20
garden=20
> >>full of old tractor batteries, .......
> >>Martin
> >=20
> > Occasionally I get offered a pallet load of big lead acid=20
batteries.
> > I haven't got any at the moment but how much interest would=20
there be=20
> > from UKHA?
> > The quality of the batteries varies a lot (I.E. some are
cheapo=20
makes,=20