[OT]Solar Power

Does anybody on the list have any views on solar power? With the rising
fuel costs, it is starting to look attractive.

I have googled the subject, and seems that you can have electricity and
hot water panels.

This is an area that I know nothing about, so I would welcome any views
on either type of device. Is one better to have than the other? Are
there any pitfalls? Suppliers/installers that people would use again (or
avoid!)

Probably more for the self build lists; but I have never self built so I
am not on those lists, and anyway most of my electricity consumption
goes on the HA gadgets and PC servers anyway...

Thanks - Steve