Re: IR distribution control when recording ?

In message <e0tj5m+robj@xxxxxxx>
"noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm aware many of you are Sky+ owners, so this may not pose a
> problem.
>
> But the rest of you may use Tivo, HD recording or a Media Center PC
> to do your recording. This would use your Sky / other digibox as a
> pass-thru', allowing two points of control - either the Media box or
> Sky directly. By viewing from the Sky box in this case can be risk,
> because the viewer can accidently change channels without knowing a
> recording is in progress.
>
> If it's this risky in one room, how do you guys cope with multiroom ?
>
> I'm planning ahead for AV and IR distrbution and wanted you find out
> how you managed to limit IR control to a Digibox which is recording
> at that time.

For a single room, a reasonable solution would be blocking the IR
pick up on the sky box, then connecting a tvlink 'magic eye' for the
room, but connect it to the RF2 port via a relay so that the computer
can deactivate it when it's recording.

(That'll only help for the sky scenario of course, NTL etc don't have
anything nice like this.)

Joseph

--
Joseph Heenan, Glasgow, UK              http://www.heenan.me.uk/