Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

Re: Home automation software

Thanks Ian,

Yes I know I can read the specs and find out. But with a lot to do a
summary
from the people working actively with it helps. But I will print it out and
see if I can spot the differences.

As of VSCP as an alternative to both xAP and xPL that is up to the user as
its sure possible but in my point of view its not true. The VSCP/CANAL
daemon now understands xAPand will do so to a greater extent in the future
with translation of certain schemas etc. But this is not different to the
upcoming standardized UPnP support for lightning control and bridges to
other protocols.

I belive in a multi protocol world. VSCP, xAP and xPL are just a few of
many
available protocols with different characteristics. This is why we will
interface other protocol from VSCP even if they say they are "the only
right
choice". You will never here that from us.

VSCP focus on the lower end devices. We today run on PIC/AVR/ARM etc and
supports wireless, powerline, CAN, Ethernet and many more communication
methods. Much of the work is free also for commercial use and some parts
are
under GPL/LGPL. The daemon and the client software runs on WIN32 and Linux.
So "doesn't really seem to do as much as either one yet" is a bit
unfair...
;-)

My original interest in this posting is the genuine interest to interface
VSCP to all (home) control platforms that is possible to interface.

I will join the xPL group to find out more.

/Ake

On 9/21/05, Ian Lowe <ian.lowe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I thought you were one of the VCSP team Ake? Read the protocol
> descriptions and see for yourself!
>
> Here's the xPL Spec: http://tinyurl.com/9kq4r
>
> We have tried in the past to summarise the differences, and it's a
> highly contentious exercise - the two projects grew apart because of
> perceived differences in approach, and obviously, both sets of
> delevopers consider their own mechanisms to be superior.
>
> If you want to see the differences, try reading the specs, then
download
> some apps and see what you can (and cannot) do with each.
>
> If you want a hand in sampling what xPL can do, come on over to
> ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx and ask the questions - we'll get you up and
> running. Kevin H is probably the best guy to get you going with xAP.
>
> I have to ask though - what's the interest? From the website you
posted
> the other day, VCSP is clearly being positioned as an *alternative* to
> both xAP and xPL, but doesn't really seem to do as much as either one
> yet - you looking for ideas to implement? :D
>
> Ian.

 No
> equity home improvement loan<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=No+equity+home+improvement+loan&w1=Home+improvement+lead&w2=Home+improvement+electrical&w3=Home+improvement+financing&w4=Home+improvement+refinancing&w5=No+equity+home+improvement+loan&w6=Maryland+home+improvement&c=6&s=194&.sig=YXjzIC6nHZRp2YcyefHUyw>
 Maryland