Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Window 7 connecting to a Win 2003 Domain

RE: Home automation software

I thought you were one of the VCSP team Ake? Read the protocol
descriptions and see for yourself!

Here's the xPL Spec: http://tinyurl.com/9kq4r

We have tried in the past to summarise the differences, and it's a
highly contentious exercise - the two projects grew apart because of
perceived differences in approach, and obviously, both sets of
delevopers consider their own mechanisms to be superior.

If you want to see the differences, try reading the specs, then download
some apps and see what you can (and cannot) do with each.

If you want a hand in sampling what xPL can do, come on over to
ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx and ask the questions - we'll get you up and
running. Kevin H is probably the best guy to get you going with xAP.

I have to ask though - what's the interest? From the website you posted
the other day, VCSP is clearly being positioned as an *alternative* to
both xAP and xPL, but doesn't really seem to do as much as either one
yet - you looking for ideas to implement? :D

Ian.